Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Orchestra Schedule for May through August

Dear Orchestra Members,
 
As promised, I am writing today to poll your availability for the next few months. As those of you who were in rehearsal on Sunday know, we are suspending participation in Saturday evening services for the time being.
 
May and June
 
Our appearances in services for May and June, then, are:
 
Sunday, May 19, 9 AM and 10:30 AM
Sunday, June 16, 9 AM and 10:30 AM
 
Please note the corresponding rehearsal schedules and other details on the schedule page.
 
If you would please take a look at your calendars and advise me of your availability (or what you currently know) by the end of next week, I would greatly appreciate it. Some of you gave me some information about these months earlier in the semester, but if you would kindly reiterate/update it for me, that would be helpful.
 
July and August
 
For July and August, as you see on the website, the exact schedule is TBD. As the Sanctuary Choir take a summer break, we can organize a bit differently during those months. My current idea is to give each section (brass, woodwinds, strings) one Sunday during that eight-week period, on which to accompany congregational singing, and perhaps present a prelude, offertory, or postlude (we have a good collection of chamber music in our library that could suit this purpose).
 
To effect that, could you please give me a general idea of your availability in July and August? Basically, a tentative outline of what weekends you will be in town. I imagine the rehearsal schedule would be limited to just the Wednesday evening before the weekend of ministry. Sometime in May, I will work with Caleb and each section to pick a specific weekend.
 
=======
 
Thank you so much, as always, for your gifts of time and talent to Calvary. I know I finish almost every email with those words, but I mean it every time!
 
--Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment