Thursday, May 9, 2013

Orchestra Rehearsal Notes

Dear Orchestra,

Thank you to those of you who were able to come to last night's rehearsal. We have some challenging material this month, but we made a good start - the second time through each item, I think you'll agree, was an improvement over the first, and I have no doubt that trajectory will continue.

Please take 15-20 minutes between now and our next rehearsal to listen to the YouTube recordings of the two major works. They will help immensely in getting a feel for the style of these gospel music anthems.

Speaking of our next rehearsal, as I mentioned last night, I would like to begin at 7 PM next Wednesday evening, instead of our usual time of 7:30. This will allow us more time to work on details of the orchestra parts before the Sanctuary Choir and Worship Band join us for our collaborative efforts.

Also, again reiterating from last night, Caleb has asked the choir and orchestra to participate in the Saturday evening service next weekend, in addition to Sunday services as usual. This would be Saturday, May 18, with a call time of 4 PM. Please check your schedules and let me know.

Thank you for your generous gifts of time and talent! It is greatly valued!

--Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment