Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Music for Easter - Now Available!

Orchestra,
 
Your packets of Easter music are available - please pick them up next time you are at church. Please also note that they are in separate folders (though on the same table in the Portico) specifically labeled "Orchestra Music for Easter."
 
You all have five (5) items:
  • Three (3) selections from The Instrumental Hymnal: #97 "All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name (Coronation)," #217 "Christ the Lord is Risen Today," and #234 "Crown Him with Many Crowns"
  • "Jesus Saves," an orchestration by Stan Pethel of the Travis Cottrell/David Moffitt song
    • I have not been able to find a useful recording of this orchestration, but I will keep searching and pass along anything I find
  • "See, What a Morning (Resurrection Hymn)" by Keith Getty and Stuart Townend
    • I have linked to a YouTube video of this orchestration on the Resources page of our website
 
Let me know if you are missing any of those items, or have any questions as you look over the music in advance of our first rehearsal.
 
Good Friday is still TBD.
 
A reminder as to our rehearsal schedule:
  • Sunday, March 10, 2:00 PM: Orchestra Rehearsal in the Parlor
    • Immediately following rehearsal at 1:30 for those of you playing on March 17P
    • Please plan to arrive a few minutes early and warm up in the adjacent room, as we may start sooner if we are finished with our March 17 work and everyone is present
  • Sunday, March 24, 1:30 PM: Orchestra Rehearsal in the Sanctuary
  • Wednesday, March 27, 7:00 PM: Dress Rehearsal with Sanctuary Choir, Worship Band, and Youth Choir
    • Please note earlier start time
 
The Worship and Music Staff are very excited about celebrating our Lord's Resurrection in just a few weeks, and I hope as we prepare this music you will find your own excitement and anticipation growing as well!
 
--Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment