Dear Orchestra,
Here we are, Holy Week! We had an excellent rehearsal yesterday afternoon - thank you for that. As promised, here are the notes regarding schedules and other details for the next week...
WEDNESDAY
Dress Rehearsal at 7 PM in the Sanctuary
- As this is spring break week of all Discipleship Ministries at Calvary, Worship Ministries is the only department using the facilities Wednesday night. With no AWANA, we will be able to get into the Sanctuary well before our start time. I will be in a staff meeting until a little before 7, but I will make sure the Sanctuary is set up before I go to my meeting, so please feel free to come early, set up, warm up, and get settled.
- I ask that you plan to be flexible on Wednesday evening. This is the first time we will have all 50ish musicians together, so there may be a bit of start-and-stop with the music as well as run-throughts. I have requested that all of the orchestra's work be blocked together, and that it conclude by 8 PM.
FRIDAY
Good Friday Services at 6 PM and 8 PM
- 5:15 PM call time
- Cases/coats in a location TBD
- Dinner will be provided for the musicians between services
SUNDAY
Easter Sunday Services at 8 AM, 9:30 AM, and 11 AM
- 7 AM call time
- Cases/coats/etc in Heritage Room/Parlor (this entire space is for exclusive use by the musicians all morning)
- Most musicians will probably sit for the sermon during the first hour, as that will be the least crowded
- Refreshments will be provided for the musicians during the middle hour
- You may plan to be finished for the morning by approximately 11:45
Of course, I have to state for the record that all the above is subject to change, and I will pass along any new information to you as soon as possible.
Thank you so, so much for your gifts of time and talent to Calvary this week. It is a joy to work with all of you to prepare these celebrations of the pivotal events of our faith and, truthfully, of world history. May God be praised this coming weekend.
See you Wednesday!!!
--Eric
No comments:
Post a Comment